- UniLife channels are small websites devoted to specific aspects of the University
- You can subscribe to them
- News, events and announcements from subscribed channels appear on your UniLife homepage
- You are automatically subscribed to some channels based on your student record
What are UniLife channels?
The term “UniLife Channels” is used for two types of things:
- USW’s websites for current / enrolled students.
- Audience streams for news, events and announcements.
For example, the Student Money Advice Team UniLife Channel is aimed specifically at students who have already enrolled. Money-related information for applicants is hosted on another website.
As another example, the “School of Drama and Music” does not have a specific website for students, but news, events and announcements can be posted to its channel in UniLife.
You will automatically be subscribed to channels that relate directly to your student record (i.e. school, faculty, campus) and those channels which are considered vital to your success (Employability, Student Administration etc.)
Other channels, which are useful but not necessarily relevant to all students or vital to your success, are optional. You can choose to subscribe to them in UniLife, but you don’t have to.
- Caerleon Campus (This channel is being retired)
- Cardiff Campus
- Glyntaff Campus
- Newport City Campus
- Treforest Campus
- Life Sciences and Education (LSE) for Students
- Faculty of Business and Society (FBS) students in Treforest
- Computing, Engineering and Science (CES) students in Treforest
- Creative Industries (CI) for Students
- Centre for International English Students
School Channels (No separate websites exist for these: they are used purely for targeted news, announcements and events)
- Applied Sciences
- Art and Design
- Care Sciences
- Computing and Mathematics
- Drama and Music
- Health, Sport and Wellbeing
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Law, Accounting and Finance
- Psychology, Counselling and Early Years
Support Department Channels
- Student Library – resources and information about the library services.
- Careers and Employability Service
- Student Money Advice Team
- Disability and Dyslexia Service
- The Wellbeing Service
- Health Service
- Student Development and Study Skills Service
- Student Mentoring
- Student Safety and Crime prevention
- Immigration & International Student Advice
- IT, Media and Technical Services – resources and information about the IT, media and technical services which support your learning at the University.
- Part-Time Hub – information, tools and services for part-time or flexible learners
- Student Halls – A channel run by the Resident Tutors Service and Accommodation Services, for students living in University halls of residence.
- Students’ Union
- USW1World (NEW)
- Campus Changes
- Cymraeg yn y Brifysgol
- Postgraduate Channel – Graduate Research Office (GRO), support for all postgraduate students.
- Research – the vibrant research culture underpinning the University.
- Revenue Unit (renaming to The Payment Hub)
- Student Administration – including updates about timetables, exams, results and graduations
- Welsh at USW
Subscribing to UniLife Channels
By default, your UniLife homepage will only show news, events and announcements from a small number of compulsory channels.
To be kept up to date about topics covered by a service or department that is not compulsory, subscribe to its UniLife channel:
- Go to Your Account.
- Find and click News and Events Subscriptions.
- Choose which channels to subscribe to by selecting the tick boxes.
- Click on the “Update Channels” button.
You can unsubscribe from any of the optional channels at any time.