‘Study Skills’ covers a range of fundamental skills for successful learning, including academic writing, research, maths and IT.
- Academic Skills – Writing – a collection of resources.
- Referencing, Plagiarism and Good Academic Practice
- There are also free resources specifically designed for international students
IT (information technology)
- The Presentations page lists available resources and support
Planning and Organisation
This skillset has been recognised to be especially useful to employability, and is one of the Grad Edge Key Skills.
- Time management, strategies and scheduling
- Revision and exams skills
- For research students, here’s a detailed timetable for completing a PhD.
The Research Office has prepared useful resources that cover study skills for postgraduate / research students. Among other things, this includes:
- Skills for postgrad research students
- Example of a detailed timetable for completing a PhD
- Viva Hints
You can find these (and more) under the “General Guidance & Help” heading on the Research Staff, Examiners and Students page.
- The Centre for International English offers free English language classes for international students studying at the University.