Careers & Employability Service
The Careers & Employability Service helps students and graduates with all aspects of their career planning. Services range from individual advice and guidance on career choice to postgraduate study, work experience, practical support with job hunting, working/studying overseas and much more. The Careers Service can even help you find a part time job whilst you study.
Careers & Employability website
The Careers & Employability Service has a comprehensive website: www.southwales.ac.uk/careers.
The website offers a range of tools and resources to help your career choices, finding work and more:
- What we offer – this page links you to the range of services provided by the Careers Service on and off-line. These include one-to-one sessions with experienced advisers, various careers guides, information about exploring different career options and a wealth of careers information on line.
- Job Searching – helps you find the right graduate jobs, student / part-time work, or work experience to supplement you career plans and degree course. The section also includes information about working abroad.
- Your Career – gives you Information related to your career choice and the different options you have.
- Work Experience – offers information on finding work experience such as placement, volunteering, targeting employers and fairs and events.
- Graduate Support – Help and advice for graduates up to three years after they have left. Includes: One to one advice, work experience, placement schemes, and information on the Destination of Leavers survey.
- Links related to your subject – offers a range of useful links specific to your areas of study.
Book a Careers appointment
Frequently asked questions
Statement of Service
The Careers & Employability Service offers impartial and up-to-date information, advice and guidance to help you make informed and effective career decisions and assist you in reaching your career goals. Our Careers Advisers are experienced and qualified to professionally-recognised standards. Services include: individual careers advice and guidance, access to jobs, work experience and placement opportunities, a programme of careers events, practical job search support, information on the graduate job market and a range of other opportunities such as self-employment, further study and working/studying abroad.