• USW has some internal childcare provision
  • The childcare Coordinator can help with other local provision
  • Financial support may be available to help pay for childcare

University of South Wales Childcare Provision

Treforest and Glynaff

Treforest Playcentre, based on Treforest Campus, serves Treforest and Glyntaff campuses.


The University has a relationship with an external childcare provider, Tiny Tots, for the Newport region.

Temporary Crèches

You may be able to book childcare on campus for a one-off event e.g. during Graduation ceremonies. Please contact the Childcare Co-ordinator (details below) for further information and to check availability.

Childcare Coordinator

The Childcare Coordinator gives advice about childcare, maintains a register of local childcare provision and has application forms for the University’s provision.

Childcare Coordinator : Samantha Davies
Phone: 01633 432065

Family Information Services have compiled a list of useful contacts when choosing childcare which you can download here.

Childcare Funding / Costs Assistance

Please contact the Student Money Advice Team for advice about financial support for childcare.