Regulations, Policies and Procedures
- As a student of USW you are bound by the University’s rules
- In turn the University has responsibilities to you
- This relationship is formalised in various regulations, policies and procedures
Students sometimes need to refer to the written version of one of our regulations, policies or procedures. These three things are related and often interact:
Regulations – USW rules students must follow.
Policies – principles USW has adopted which guide our decisions and actions.
Procedures – the official USW process for doing things.
Below are links to documents that may be relevant to you during your course of study.
Regulations about teaching and your course
- Academic Misconduct
- Course Regulations (for taught courses)
- Extenuating Circumstances
- Referencing and Plagiarism
- Welsh Language Assessment Submission
Complaints and appeals
- Academic Appeals
- Complaints – the general procedure for complaints that do not relate to assessment boards.
Policies related to fees and payments
- Fee Payment Policy and Procedure
- Paying for Tuition Fees Online: Terms and Conditions
- Purchasing Print Credit: PHAROS Terms and Conditions
- Regulations about Tuition Fee Refunds Following Withdrawal / Suspension / Transfer of Studies can be found on the Withdraw, transfer or suspension of studies page.
Policies related to the use of computers and the internet
Rights and responsibilities as a student
- Student Charter
- Student Conduct
- Fitness to Practise – Students on certain courses have to be fit to qualify in their respective professions, regardless of performing well in assessments and not committing a specific offence.
- Declaration of Criminal Convictions
- Freedom of Information policy
- Data Protection Policy Statement
- Student Intellectual Property Rights Policy