- USW has sports and fitness facilities or links to local ones for all our campuses
- Sports teams & clubs can be joined through the Students’ Union
- Wales has several large sports governing bodies, located nearby
Gyms / Sport Centres
University Sports Teams
All of the University of South Wales’s sports teams (which represent the University competitively against other institutions) and clubs (which are less competitive and more focused on the enjoyment of the sport) are run by USWSU. As well as being a great way to meet other students who share your sporting interests, many of these clubs and teams compete nationally against other universities as part of the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Leagues and Championships.
All matches are played on a Wednesday and the results are updated every Thursday morning. This area of the BUCS website also includes all the season’s fixtures and the position of the University in our league.
These are a few of the larger sports organisations for Wales.
- Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) – The WRU as a business blends over 125 years of rugby tradition and heritage with Stadium innovation and challenge.
- The Football Association of Wales (FAW) – The Council is responsible for the overall direction of Welsh football.
- Sports Council for Wales – The Sports Council for Wales is the national organisation responsible for developing and promoting sport and active lifestyles.